Date: April 20, 2012
Location: Brewhouse of Avondale
1. MLB – Who is the Colorado Rockies’ all-time leader in games played?
2. State trivia – The last two letters of what state’s name also serve as its postal code?
3. Music – What Brazilian style of jazz became popular in the 1960’s among musicians, beatniks, bohemians, and college students?
4. TV – What famous man was one of only 3 black men to ever sit in Archie Bunker’s chair?
6. Soccer – What Italian football giant is nicknamed ‘the old lady?’
7. TV – Kiki Sheppard was the original co-host from what TV series?
8. Geography – America’s greenest city, Portland, OR, sits in the shadow of what mountain?
9. Weather – The strongest non-tornadic wind ever measured was atop what New Hampshire mountain?
10. Travel – It is illegal to pump your own gas in what state?
C. South Dakota
D. North Dakota
E. Some other state
11. NFL – What was the first NFL team to appear in 3 straight Super Bowls?
12. Advertising – What American oil & gas company uses a large green dinosaur as its mascot?
13. Toys – Decepticons that transform into F-15 fighter jets are collectively called what?
14. US History – Which happened first – Kansas becomes a state, or the SC militia fires on Fort Sumter?
16. Stadia – Nicknamed the 8th Wonder of the World, the Astrodome opened in what year?
17. Cartoons – Over the course of King of the Hill, Boomhauer mentions having two jobs. Name either.
18. Movies – What # did Roy Hobbs wear for the NY Knights in The Natural?
19. Bizarre Geography – Forgotonia is a large segment of what state that seceded from the Union, declared war on the United States, and then promptly surrendered in 1969?
20. Math – What 3rd century Alexandrian mathematician is known as the “Father of Geometry?”
Champions: The Putnams (Skip ‘Pops’ Putnam & Jeff Putnam)
Runners-up: The Alliance (Brent Blackwell & Bryan Crawford)