Avondale (Bobby): 9 Monday teams, 7 jockeying for tournament positions in this, the 6th week of MTM XI.
Finally some average looking scores from Atlanta teams…
BBvBoE take down 1st place honors with a rather pedestrian 81 (9). Again, Oedipus are sniped on #20 and settle for 2nd with 71 (9).
Muffins cobble together a workman like 64 and will happily take 3rd (4)
Stepdads prove they are human with a 55 (8)
Donkey play better but can’t cash in #20 – 47 (6)
P-Value venture away from L5P – 41 (3)
and FFA must’ve been stoned or something – 33 (3)
Carrollton (Bryan): Angry Planners(91) rally on #20 for the win. Shane, now that there’s no point to playing for Alliance anymore, joins All Balls, No Glory and swipes 2nd place with 86. Balls of Steel take 3rd with 83. United (74), after a lot of carrying on about how easy it must be for Shane to have kept winning in Carrollton, finish best of the rest, and Cartel blows a lead at the 2 minute warning to finish with a disappointing 66.
Canton (Brent): 9 teams in the house, including 7 tourney teams, with the other 2 being on par in terms of talent. The entire first half kept everyone corralled together, and it stayed that way until the 3rd Q bonus, which was either feast or famine. Feasting were Seoul Sisters, #9, and Red, who took a 6 point lead into the final frame. Everyone else was less jubilant… Red made a key error on #16 blowing 8 points and opening up the door for #9 to make their move, which they did – going 4/4 in the 4th quarter, the only team to get more than 2 correct, and moving into a 73-69-56 lead entering #20. #20 was a bit on the easy side for most (5 teams nailed it for 20 almost immediately), but it tripped up both 1st place #9 and 3rd place Hazel Destroy, who had doggedly worked their way into the position.
Red Dead Samurai (89) survive their snafu on #16 and take the win. #9 (72) knows when they’re beat and don’t throw away points unnecessarily – other teams should watch #9 to learn how to maximize scores… High Rollers snipe 3rd with 69… If only they were in the tournament.
– Seoul Sisters were BoTR with 67 – they continue to play well.
– Challenged (48) were in the mix for a while but lost steam in the 2nd half.
– Coconuts (27) were in 1st after 1 with 19 but then only managed 2 points over the next 7 questions. They’ll aim for a better score Tuesday.
– McNuttski (29) had their worst game of the tournament and is in dire need of some sort of morale boost. We’ve seen other teams bottom out just before catching fire before. I want that for McNuttski. They’ll play again this week, so no big deal…
– Hazel Destroy (55) played well all night but just couldn’t piece together #20, which Brian is still kicking himself over.
– Also worth mentioning is Ramrod, who with 58 points had their first off-night in what seems like months. If any Canton teams are looking for a Monday night boost, find Ramrod and get them to play for you. They’re interested in the tournament, but just got invited way too late into the process, mostly because they play only once a week and missed the opening week of the tournament. Still, this is one of my most talented teams and they were visibly upset with a 58 point, 5th place performance… That’s my kind of team…
|TEAM||TOTAL||Base Scores||Performance||Attendance||Current High|
|Fulmer’s Fat Ass||511||478||33||52||33|
|Cartel De Jesus||421||385||36||33||66|
|Free Mex AF||371||356||15||32||0|