Carrollton (Bryan): Cartel De Jesus wins with 80, Balls of Steel take 2nd with 71, and Shane flies solo for Alliance with 60 to edge out Sauced (55) for 3rd.
Athens (Bobby): A wild night in Athens, as Bobby had 45 teams, 0 working microphones, and 2 cheating teams that are now sorry they ever tried to cheat at Full Contact Trivia…
Blind Pig had 20 teams, half of which appear on this leaderboard… T2RB (84) wins their 2nd straight Pig game, but with bigger news, B8shaq (83) finally secures their invite and pays on the spot. B8shaq are team #28… Jimmy Jams (77) took a hard luck 3rd and aimed to get their invite at Amici. Also-rans include Ears (59), Bobby Brown (48), Rash (61), Phasers (53), United (51), Experience (34), #9 (67), and Kitten Mittens (38).
At Amici, Phasers (93) won and paid (team #29), breaking Jimmy Jams’ hearts in the process. JJ had led after 3Q but finished with 74… Ouch. Kittens (81) and non MTM team Legendary round out your top 3. Others: Ears (78), T2RB (77), United (76), Bobby Brown (73), Rash (55), and #9 (54).
Canton (Darby): I told Seoul Sisters that tonight might be their last opportunity to get into the tournament. I told them to have the money with them. I told them this was it, there would be no guarantees about another chance.
So they brought their entire team out and earned the invite. Thank God. I can now sleep well at night. (EDITOR’S NOTE: Seoul Sisters paid on the spot and are team #30)
During a night when most Canton restaurants were closed due to a water main break, La Bamba played host to 14 teams including 5 already qualified teams. The night finished with a few teams hitting #20 and earning some well deserved tournament bonus points:
Muffins – 88
Sisters – 78
Alliance – 71
Fulmer’s Fat Ass – 61
McNuttski – 59
High Rollers – 36
Brent: As we close week 2, here’s what we saw:
– Alliance continues to not stand out with base scores, but put together consistent in-the-money performances whenever they can play, and are still riding the wave of the Trivia Bowl win – to date the most fruitful single game of the tournament.
– Muffins’ Wednesday score coupled with 2 Canton road games with finishes have put them squarely back in the hunt. In fact, their performance points win the 2nd place tiebreaker over Oedipus.
– Bobby Brown, United, Fulmer, and Experience all slip from their earlier pace.
– Oedipus has a bit of an off-week but their week-2 cushion keeps them in the top 3.
– Much has been made over the closeness at the top of the leaderboard, but it’s pretty close all the way down the list… Only three teams trail the next-highest spot by double-digits: #25 Coconuts trails #24 Cartel by 12
#13 Seoul Sisters trails #12 Angry Planners by 20
#11 Ray-Ray trail #10 Ears by 15
#2 Muffins trail #1 Alliance by 25…
So the lesson from this is twofold… You can move up! And someone else can pass you!
This thing’s a marathon, not a sprint… Keep playing, keep putting together good games, and keep a watchful eye on the scoreboard…
Speaking of that… Week 3… FIN!
|TEAM||TOTAL||Base Scores||Performance||Attendance||Current High|
|Fulmer’s Fat Ass||298||268||30||24||69|
|Free Mex AF||220||211||9||15||59|
|Cartel De Jesus||205||184||21||15||80|
|Balls of Steel (S)||198||174||24||29||71|
|High Rollers (M)||196||181||15||38||86|
|Simple Minds (T)||139||130||9||8||91|
|All I Do Is Lin (Th)||87||81||6||6||0|